Home Anger Management I Need Help Because I’m Angry and Sad All the Time

I Need Help Because I’m Angry and Sad All the Time

by hrcounts

My brain is always clouded to the point I can’t think straight and I’m irritable. I’m almost always either sad or angry, I do have some good days but they don’t usually last longer than a week. I feel bad for my fiance and our kids, they suffer along with me if not worse. I go from super calm to super angry or sad. I have a hard time with opening up to talk about how I feel which causes more problems in my relationship. I have a hard time expressing emotions most of the time. I have anxiety I’m always worried whenever I am away from the ones I love but at the same time I feel so much better when I isolate myself from everything/everyone. At times I feel euphoric as if I’m high, but don’t use, feels like I’m in a movie or something. I used to have visual/audio hallucinations but currently only experience delusions feeling like people are out to get me or always watching me. I even believe sometimes that animals are robotic/cameras spying on me and I wanna twist they’re heads off. I try my best not to believe these and have never acted on it. Sucks when my kids just ask a question and I have yelled at them, they didn’t deserve that. I just don’t know why I’m like this….Was diagnosed as paranoid schizophrenic but was wondering if I should get second opinion.

A:  You have listed some very serious symptoms here, and I am glad it seems that you have gone for treatment. It is hard to say what the accurate diagnosis is without a complete assessment, but there could be several possibilities given the information you included here.

It never hurts to get a second opinion if you are not convinced your diagnosis is accurate, and an accurate diagnosis is crucial in terms of getting the appropriate treatment. Given the severity of some of the symptoms you describe, I would suggest that you seek out a very thorough evaluation from a psychologist and psychiatrist, which includes psychological testing. Your health insurance company should be able to help you find covered providers. If you do not have health insurance, please contact your local community mental health center for help.

All the best,

Dr. Holly Counts

You may also like