Home Teen Issues I Need Professional Help

I Need Professional Help

by Kristina Randle, Ph.D., LCSW

I took the sanity test and it says I have 11 serious issues and 4 mildly concerning an issue. I’m too scared to go to my parents and ask for therapy or have someone to talk to because I want I real diagnosis from a doctor in person and I’m really stuck on what to do.

If you are worried about your mental health, you should seek professional help. You shouldn’t be frightened of speaking to your parents. They can assist you in finding the right help. If they are unaware that a problem exists, they can’t help you. Give them the opportunity to help you. You might be surprised at their response.

You might also try consulting the school counselor. They can provide short-term assistance and refer you to outpatient treatment, if necessary. They can also contact your parents and assist them in finding you treatment.

I received many letters from teenagers who find themselves in a similar predicament. They too are reluctant to speak to their parents. Virtually everyone, at some point in their lives, will need help. There should be no shame in asking for help. I hope that my response will help you to know how to proceed. Between your parents and the school officials, you should be able to find good treatment. Good luck with your efforts. Please take care.

Dr. Kristina Randle

You may also like